After week one of our football schedule I’ll be honest I was
worried. We played Furman university…. I know exactly what you’re thinking, Who
the hell is that. There a small private school out of South Carolina that I never
heard of. I thought we were going to go into our home field and just put an old
fashioned butt whooping on them and win by like 40. But nope we let the pressure
and the first game jitters get to us. We started off the game strong but once
the second quarter came along we started choking and our offensive line wasn’t doing
the hottest which caused our quarterback to be off with his throws. We barely
scraped by a win and luckily won 28-13, I guess a win is a win right? With
putting that W up in the win column we had a bye week the following week.
Looking towards week three we had to put in a lot of time out on the practice
field looking forward to playing Notre Dame. Going into the game they were
ranked #18 in the nation, while we were sitting at #12. The last time we played
them we also barely scraped out a win, so you already know they were looking
for revenge. There quarterback Deshone Kizer is a big threat to be reckoned with
alongside their wide receiver Tori Hunter Jr. Notre Dame punched state first
scoring the first and only touchdown in the first quarter. Michigan state must
of took offense because they came back scoring multiple touchdowns to make it
36-14 at halftime. It helped us out that we caused two turnovers and
capitalized with back to back touchdowns. At this point I was so happy jumping
off my couch at every huge play we had. It was funny because we watched the
game over at my buddy’s house and a couple of our Notre Dame friends came over
too. They were so upset screaming at their team every play it felt like.
Whenever any team plays us no matter who it is, it is always a great sight to
see the opposing fans get upset like that, it’s almost like it brings happiness
to me. Going into the second half I was confident that we were going to
continue these blow out but nope. It seemed like Michigan state was either
running out of gas or the defense of coordinator was making unnecessary
changes. Notre dame came out in the last quarter shocking the Spartans with two
touchdowns making it 36-28. Luckily after those touchdowns the game was over
and we ended up winning. Our running backs Gerald Holmes and L.J Scott had a
fantastic game carrying our team to victory with a combined 35 carries for 198
yards with 3 touchdowns. While our quarterback made 19 of 26 passes for 241
yards with 2 touchdowns. Next week Mark Dantonio and the Michigan state Spartans
have a battle against the Wisconsin Badgers, come back next week to see what
happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment